Multichannel Subscribers/Cord Cutters: Interest in Digital Basic/Video on Demand/HD Networks
Online surveys will be conducted March/April among a national sample of 2,500 adults. The questionnaire will include the following:
- Interest in emerging networks.
- Interest in digital basic networks.
- Interest in specific video on demand networks.
- Interest in specific HD networks.
- Interest in specific Hispanic targeted emerging networks.
- Interest in specific basic networks among sub-sample of cord cutters.
- Awareness of emerging/digital basic networks.
- Whether receive cable TV from cable company, DBS company or phone company.
- Whether subscribe to digital cable.
- Interest in switching to a different cable provider in the next six months.
- Interest in subscribing to cable, internet and phone service from cable company.
- Number of hours use Internet at home per week.
- Number of hours use social media per week.
- Whether subscribe to HD service.
- Usage of video on demand past 60 days.
- Interest in video on demand and HD.
- Whether subscribe to DVR service.
- Whether viewed a TV program on smartphone/tablet in the past 60 days.
- Interest in viewing TV only online.
- Demographics – The study will measure marital status, presence of teens or children, age, education, household income.
Interest in digital basic networks are based on concept descriptions. The study measures over 50 digital basic networks, over 25 major network VOD networks and over 35 major network HD networks. Over 30 basic networks are measured among persons without cable TV or DBS (cord cutters).
A sub-sample of spanish speaking Hispanics receive a Spanish version of the questionnaire.
Results will be reported separately for specific age/sex groups, Hispanics, digital cable subscribers, DBS subscribers, telco TV subscribers, heavy Internet users, heavy social media users, TV viewers on smartphones/tablets, VOD users, DVR subscribers, HDTV service subscribers, persons with high interest in bundles from cable company, Comcast subscribers, Charter Spectrum subscribers, cord cutters, potential cord cutters and others.
Technology indices correlate interest in digital basic networks with interest in/usage of technology.