Telephone interviews are conducted October/November for the Beta Research Cable Operator Study – Evaluation of Basic Cable Networks. At the same time, 80–90 interviews will be completed with a national sample of local cable system ad sales executives.
Respondents will rate network program organizations on a 5-point scale where “5” means “Excellent” and “1” means “Poor” on the following:
– Programming that generates local ad sales revenues
– Network Affiliate Local Ad Sales Reps (LAS)
– Appeal of demographics
– Providing incremental revenues
– Provided programming information
– Provided research
– Early notification of promotional opportunities
Respondents will also rate each affiliate Web site visited on a five point scale.
Respondents will also name unaided the five networks or network organizations that are most valuable on having programming that generates local ad sales revenue.
The study measures 12 network organizations.