Ad Executives: Evaluation of Basic Cable/Broadcast Networks
- A telephone survey will be conducted in September with 220 ad executives.
- Interviews will be with media buyers, planners, media directors, media supervisors, agency managers, and targeted client executives.
- Sample source will consist of Beta Research's internal database of advertisers and client submission of agency and advertiser's contacts.
- Respondents will be given a $50 premium for completing the interview.
- All respondents are screened and selected based on their involvement in the decision to place advertising on cable TV networks.
The questionnaire will consist of:
- Whether respondent personally met with sales rep within past year.
- Overall rating of sales rep on 5-point scale on accessibility and competence.
- Whether advertised on network within past 12 months.
- Whether plan to increase amount of advertising on network in comparison to past 12 months.
- Whether received upfront presentation by network. If so, rating of upfront presentation on 5-point scale.
Rating of sales organizations on a 5-point scale (5 = high, 1 = low) on the following:
- Original research provided to ad executives
- Knowledge and expertise of its online sales force
- Providing creative/innovative multi-platform opportunities
- Providing strategies to retain audience during commercial breaks
- Use of social media
Rating of each network on a 5-point scale (5 = high, 1 = low) on the following:
- Having appealing audience demos
- Amount of original programming and series
- Providing creative marketing and promotion opportunities
- Desirable programming environment
- Respondent title and location of office.
- For which products/services respondent is responsible.
- Primary demographic targets of respondent.
- Permission of respondent to release name of agency/company to networks on which they're interested in increasing advertising.
The study measures over 45 basic cable networks and the 4 major broadcast networks. Results are reported separately among ad executives with specific target demos.
Beta would supply names of agencies/companies who said they would be likely to increase amount of advertising on your network(s). Only respondents who give Beta permission would be listed.