Digital Cable Subscribers: Evaluation of Digital Basic Networks
An online survey will be conducted in June among a sample of approximately 2,000 digital cable subscribers. The questionnaire would consist of the following:
- Satisfaction with digital cable package.
- Likelihood to continue digital cable package.
- Aided awareness of digital basic networks.
- Five favorite digital cable networks.
- Whether ever watched specific digital basic networks.
- Last time watched specific digital basic networks.
- Satisfaction of digital basic networks – Respondents rate each channel viewed on the
scale “Very Satisfied,” “Fairly Satisfied,” “Not Very Satisfied,” or “Not At All Satisfied.”
- Importance of digital basic networks – Respondents indicate whether a network is important
or unimportant to enjoyment of cable.
- Perceived value of digital basic networks – Persons who ever watch, estimate the amount that a network would be worth, if it were sold by itself.
- Profile of Sample – Cable company, marital status, presence of teens or children, age,
education, household income.
The study measures over 40 digital basic networks.